- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped chiles
- 1/8 teaspoon chile powder
- 1 1/2 cups cooked black beans
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
In small skiller over medium heat, sauté garlic and onion in 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil until soft, about 3 minutes. Add chiles and chile powder and remove from heat.
Place black beans in food processor and pulse to chop. Add onion mixture, tomato paste, salt and remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil. Pulse to combine and continue processing until desired texture is achieved. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate to chill.
- Clean Start: Inspiring You to Eat Clean and Live Well with 100 New Clean Food Recipes